LinkedIn is One of the Most Important Social Media Platforms
This is especially true for real estate agents. Where other social media platforms lack professionalism, LinkedIn excels. It provides a social network and space revolving around your professional goals. Unlike Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok, you can expect less noise, fewer politics, and more business-centered content on LinkedIn. This also makes it a great tool to grow your professional network.
In this week’s blog post, we will be discussing 4 key steps to making the most out of LinkedIn: Optimizing your profile, developing a posting plan, expanding your network, and utilizing the platform to generate leads.
4 Keys to LinkedIn
1. Optimize Your Profile
Think of your LinkedIn profile as your store-front. If the facade of your store is decrepit, unappealing, and outdated, it will look like just that. When potential clients find your LinkedIn profile online, you want them to be presented with an updated and accurate representation of your real estate brand and your services.
Here are some tips to optimize your profile:
- List your full name, title, and brokerage.
- Include your specialized market area (if relevant to your business).
- Update your profile photo to include a professional headshot.
- Add your contact information: email, website, links to other social media, etc…
- Use your cover photo to reflect your business.
- Constantly update your summary or about page. This is where you can describe your experience and expertise in 1-2 paragraphs. Who are you? What do you do? What makes you qualified to excel in your profession? This should all be considered and written in the first person.
- Update your work history to reflect where you are now and where you have been.
- Update your skills and expertise. Select around 10 keywords that describe your skillset and can be used to identify your unique specialties.
- You can use photos or videos to enhance your profile. If you have an “about” video or any testimonials, you can add them to the featured section of your profile.
*Your profile is where you are showcasing your established brand. Consider updating your profile at least twice a year!!
2. Post on a Consistent Basis
Like any other social platform, in order to get the most out of your LinkedIn profile, you need to be active! Post status updates a minimum of 3-5 times a week consisting of market-relevant content that aligns with your real estate brand. Take 10-15 minutes a day to interact and engage with your network. This will considerably improve your social presence and your networking game!
Here are ideas for LinkedIn posts and activities:
- Post links to articles about the market.
- Post original content (Using video is a great way to establish your brand).
- Zentap can help you generate branded content, including market data and industry-relevant content posted to your LinkedIn page daily.
- Post questions or polls.
- Don’t just post listings!
- Post to your LinkedIn stories and provide an in-depth look into your business.
- Try connecting with new people daily via search.
- Comment on other posts throughout the week.
3. Expand Your LinkedIn Network
LinkedIn is THE destination to connect with potential clients, prospects, colleagues, and other real estate professionals. Building your network will directly translate to increasing your social presence and the overall credibility of your brand. As your social network grows, so does your referral network!
Here are some tips on how to expand your LinkedIn network:
- Add your public profile link to your email signature.
- Add all your social media channels into your email signature.
- Add past and current colleagues and clients.
- You can easily paste your exported client list into LinkedIn under “Add Connections.”
- Reach out to potential and current clients via LinkedIn
- Connecting through LinkedIn is easy and professional. It is much easier to connect with someone you just met via LinkedIn than Facebook!
- Join industry relevant groups and comment on articles or threads.
4. Generate Leads With LinkedIn
The platform can be used as a tool to generate new leads and connect with potential clients. Because it is designed for business, when connecting with potential clients, you have to cut through much less noise. This means that when you send a direct message, you will be 1 of 4 unread messages as opposed to 1 of 400 and your content is more likely to be viewed by your intended audience.
You can get a much higher engagement rate with LinkedIn than with other platforms. As you build more professional relationships, you will soon be able to convert those relationships into leads, rather than depending on just past clients for lead generation.
For those who are pressed for time, LinkedIn offers paid promotion options to help you reach leads; however, these services are not cheap in comparison to Facebook. Zentap, alternatively, offers tons of information and services when it comes to real estate lead generation that could be useful to your business.
Ultimately LinkedIn is an Extremely Useful Platform...
When it comes to building relationships and expanding your network. By optimizing your profile, remaining consistent, expanding your network, and utilizing your network to generate leads, you will absolutely make the most out of your LinkedIn profile!